Red Reflet Ranch
10 Lodge Road
Ten Sleep, WY 82442-8854
866 766-2340 or 307 366-2340
Fly directly to the Ranch (WYOO) in your own plane or by charter. Our airport asphalt runway is 5,000 feet long and 75 feet wide, perfect for your Citation, King Air, Pilatus, TBM or other single engine plane landing. Read more about this option here.
Cody, WY (COD) Cody, Wyoming was founded in 1896 by the living legend, Colonel William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, who at the age of 41 was one of the most famous men in the world. Founded as a hospitality center, Cody truly is the “Wildwest way into Yellowstone” located just 50 miles from the east entrance of Yellowstone National Park. A mere two hour drive to and from the Ranch, is very scenic, has a rodeo each night in the summer at 8pm, and has a wonderful, world class museum in Buffalo Bill Historic Center. Roundtrip pickup via an Expedition is available at a per vehicle rate added to your ranch bill.
Casper, WY (CPR) and Billings, MT (BIL) are 3 1/2 hours away via a scenic drive south (from Billings) or north (from Casper). Guests often choose this option because their are many direct flights into Billings and Casper unavailable other airports such as Sheridan and Riverton. - Roundtrip pickup via an Expedition is available at a per vehicle rate added to your ranch bill.
Sheridan, WY (SHR) is a two hour drive from the Ranch, is very scenic drive across the Big Horn and through the Powder River Pass at 9,966' feet. Sheridan is known as Wyoming’s Jewel! It’s fabled western history and dramatic mountain vistas meet new west comfort and the serenity of wide-open spaces. Providing history with a view – from Main Street to the magnificent backdrop of the Bighorn Mountains – Roundtrip pickup via an Expedition is available at a per vehicle rate added to your ranch bill.
Riverton, WY (WRI) a 2 1/2 hour drive is known as the rendezvous community of Wyoming. For centuries, people have chosen the Wind River Valley as a place to come together. It started with the Native Americans who felt it was a special place. Mountain men, prospectors and homesteaders followed. – Roundtrip pickup via an Expedition is available at a per vehicle rate added to your ranch bill.
Many guests incorporate the Red Reflet into a larger, cross-country road trip as part of a National Parks tour or even when they are moving across the country! In order to facilitate this option, we have extensive driving directions, please contact and we will send you a pdf.
Located in Ten Sleep, a beautiful, quiet area of Wyoming, the Red Reflet utilizes nearly 30,000 acres of land ranging from 4,200′ to 8,500′ in elevation encompassing many spectacular landscapes.
- 190 miles south from Billings, Montana
- 110 miles south from Cody, Sheridan, and Riverton, Wyoming
- 37 miles east from Worland, Wyoming
- 10 miles south from Ten Sleep, Wyoming
Are you adventurous, hard working and want to live Cowboy Ethics? Come join the Red Reflet Ranch for full time or part time employment in one of our departments. A list of available positions can be found down below.
The Red Reflet Ranch is an award winning guest ranch and working ranch of nearly 30,000 acres on the west slope of the Bighorn Mountains. We are currently searching for passionate associates to fill a variety of positions on our 2019 team. We value our employees as they are a fundamental part of the ranch experience.
As a valued member of the Red Reflet Ranch team, your employment will include:
- Live in the heart of Wyoming and experience the authentic Wild West from wild animals in the Bighorns to local rodeos and cattle events.
- Take part in ranch activities on your days off: horseback riding, zip lining, kayaking, natural waterpark, hiking on
- Gain valuable employment experience
- Connect with other like minded individuals and forge new friendships as you work together
- Enjoy competitive compensation including
- Seasonal Employees receive housing
- Hospitality employees receive gratuities in addition to salary
- The Red Reflet Ranch is a NO TOBACCO RANCH for everyone - staff, guests and contract laborers such as electricians or workers providing other services.
- While the Guest Ranch is open all year, this main season is from May through September. The working Ranch is busy with cattle and alfalfa haying from April through October. Preference will be given to those applicants who can work the entire season.
- Red Reflet is an equal opportunity employer. Season and intern staff are provided housing, but not meals. A kitchen is available in the bunkhouses. Seasonal and intern staff are asked not to bring pets or firearms. Use or possession of state of Wyoming defined illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- View employment opportunities and job descriptions . *NOTE: For all positions, priority will be given to applicants able to work the duration of the summer season, from mid-May to mid-October. Applicants must be 18 years or older by May 1, 2017 to be considered.
- This application must be filled out in order for you to be considered for employment. Be sure to include phone numbers for all references and describe your work experience as detailed as possible. No interviews are given without an application.
- Please call the Ranch (307-366-2340) if you have any questions about our jobs, operation or policies.
- Email resumes to Bob Kaplan at Bob.Kaplan@red-reflet-ranch.net or fax it to 307-366-2341 or mail it to the Ranch: Attention Bob Kaplan, Red Reflet Ranch, 10 Lodge Road, Ten Sleep, WY 82442. Although a resume is not necessary, if you decide to send one, an application must be filled out as well.
There are three major categories in the job description.
Number 1 is those essential to staying on the job, vital to it being done in a satisfactory manner.
Number 2 is only somewhat less important, needs to be addressed if deficient and be improved upon. Failing to improve could lead to warning notices, no increases in salary, and ultimately dismissal.
Number 3 is areas that should be done well enough but would not lead to a more serious action if deficient.
Put another way, the Number one areas are the most important elements of the job and priority and attention should be focused on meeting these elements of the job. The number 2 items need to be accomplished to do a very good job. Number 3 items are less important and might be areas of improvement or done nicely, but won’t really influence a job review dramatically.
1. Keep the Lodge and Guest Chalets in top shape. Includes the high service items like hot tubs, steam showers, laundry, HVAC, water systems, fireplaces.
The kitchen, TV and dish, linen is done by Housekeeping. The Lodge HVAC is complicated and needs service (under service contract by the installer) but temporary repairs and understanding filter replacements and servicing of the components in the Lodge Utility room is important. Also the Lodge walk in coolers and freezers can be temperamental and an understanding of the common shortcoming of the systems and servicing them is important.
2. Maintain the facilities used by Ranch Guests in top shape and be able to instruct guests and staff under supervision on safe and enjoyable use of same. This is ATV’s, Dirt Bikes, mountain bikes, associated helmets, and gear, shooting range and firearms, water park, zip line course. Staff hired to support this effort needs to be trained and supervised, but expect light staffing in the off season and largely a new crew in the spring. The supervisor has input in this hiring, but it often is done with only a phone interviews and the Ranch job application. It is hoped the assets of the Ranch over which supervision is made will be treated as if they were personally owned by the Supervisor. Mean what you say; Do what you say you will do.
3. Respond to Guest needs, either as “emergencies” arise in their Chalet or with the Ranch equipment they are using, or to interactions on the shooting Ranch, ATV or bike tours so they have a safe and enjoyable experience. There is quite a bit of interaction with our guests, so it is important that the Supervisor always speak well of the Ranch, staff, and overall experience for guests. Expect what is said to the guests will be repeated to the owners the evening. It is often necessary to slow down the guests (or their children) driving ATV’s or other vehicles, and this needs to be done promptly, politely, and clearly. Do not be afraid to say NO if you hear a bad idea or plan. Always ride for the Brand.
4. To be a good supervisor requires being well organized, keeping inn your pocket a lists of things to do and waiting attention, parts, or outside support and good follow thru. It requires being patient with staff and good teacher (with follow up).
5. Keep the Ranch public spaces, VRBO, Rental House, and employee houses in good shape and getting to these projects in a timely fashion, not frustrating staff with things they need that are not repaired, while keeping the Maintenance staff supervised well directed and on the proper priorities.
6. Get and give help where needed to do your job well and assist others with their jobs on the Ranch. Be a Team player .
7. Keep the staff ATV’s in good, safe working order.
8. Plow snow, supervise the lawn care and weed control, supervise the trash dump runs, oversee firewood stocks for the Lodge.
9. Keep housing, vehicles, and equipment assigned to Supervisor in top shape and, again, treated as if owned.
ATV / Dirt Bike servicing and Trail guide should be able to do minor repairs, be an experienced rider, and safe, mature guide for inexperienced and young riders. All guests have a full time ATV and often drive beyond their abilities, so the guide needs to be a good communicator and leader so our guests have a safe experience. Will also assist on our ZIP line, on the CLIMBING WALL, and at the SHOOTING RANGE. Experience in most if not all of these areas is an important consideration for employment. Two positions open.
As a RRR Wrangler, you are responsible for caring for horses, leading guests on trail rides, giving instruction, and general ranch chores. Chores may include cleanup, toting 75# hay bales, fence repair, cleaning tack and use of tractors. Horse shoeing skills and experience will get special consideration. Must be a team player, have a positive attitude, be willing to take direction and work hard. You must possess a valid driver’s license - experience hauling large trailers and ability to drive a manual transmission will receive special consideration.
Kitchen and wait staff for up to 24 for lunch and dinner, working with executive chef, sous chef and pastry chef to support very high level meal service.
- As a Server, you are responsible for providing the highest level of food/beverage presentation and friendly service to all guests. Previous serving or bartending experience is valued and you should be prepared to provide luxury service standards. You have excellent customer service skills and work diligently to anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
- As a Dishwasher, your responsibilities include but are not limited to: maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc. using machine and manual cleaning methods, gathering and taking out trash and recycling, and ensuring the ranch’s multiple kitchen areas are maintained as clean, safe and sanitary facilities. You will also assist with setting up dining and event venues when needed.
- As a Sous Chef, you must have great range of culinary skill, desire to receive direction and feedback from the senior leadership and the ability to supervise and teach with a cool and collected demeanor. This is a great intermediate opportunity for aspiring professional culinarians looking to advance their understanding of kitchen management. Previous sous chef experience is preferred.
- As the Pastry Chef, you are responsible for creating all baked goods and desserts. You have a strong knowledge and understanding of menus, production sheets and guests needs. Previous kitchen pastry experience is required and high altitude baking experience is preferred. We often have guests who would like to learn about baking, so you should be prepared for baking and party lessons.
Los Angeles Times
Learn Farm-to-Table Secrets at Wyoming Ranch's Cooking Classes Read More
10 Spring Vacation Ideas for Adventurous Travelers Read More
World Property Journal
World Property Journal chose Red Reflet as No. 1 Western Ranch in America - Read More
A Wyoming Ranch’s Refreshing Take on the Western Vacation Read More
Women Fitness Magazine
Women Fitness Magazine has named Red Reflet one of the top 20 fitness getaways for 2018. This article will be featured in the August 2018 issue. Read More
From the moment you arrive at Red Reflet Ranch, one is spellbound. Though Millennium Magazine has visited many luxury family-friendly vacation spots, we had no idea what a delight was in store for us. Read More
Red Reflet in Ten Sleep, Wyoming is a ranch for the senses. It's where a few hardworking individuals have mastered the art of hospitality to showcase some of America's most breathtaking scenery and recreational offerings. Read More
7 Pilot-Friendly Vacation Destinations
March 1, 2018
Cessna Citation pilots Bob and Laurence Kaplan offer an all-inclusive luxury ranch experience at their Red Reflet Guest Ranch, which has a private 5,000-foot paved runway with GPS approach and lighting. A working cattle ranch, Red Reflet is near Ten Sleep, Wyoming, at the base of the Big Horn Mountains. The Kaplans bought the 27,000 acres in 2001 and opened the year-round guest ranch in 2005. Read More
Escape to the Wild West
March 1, 2018
I’m road roaming in Wyoming in the old Wild West – on a wild safari as the dirt road zig-zags in front of my car, then disappears over a steep hill. I’m on Slip Road, one of those GPS infamous shortcuts that promises to save you 10 minutes and invariably ends up costing you two extra hours of driving. And sometimes burst springs or tyres. Read More
The Wild, Wild West
We are at Wyoming’s Red Reﬂ et Ranch and this is part of a guest experience which essentially lets us play at being cowboys. Over three days, we’ll ride horses and eat elk steaks, visit ancient saloons and scare deer from our quadbikes. A sense of edgy competition is never far away. Each night the vastness of the sky allows the sun to linger long enough to turn the red rocks of this prehistoric place every warm shade on the palette. Read More
5 AMAZING PLACES TO SEE IN 2018
November 7, 2017
If either seeing the most remote corners of the Earth or contemporary cities do not pique your interest, how about indulging the senses at a luxury ranch in Wyoming and enjoy the American West. Surrounded by the most spectacular scenery, Red Reflet Ranch combines five-star accommodations, first-class cuisine, an enviable list of activities to pursue from horseback riding to fishing, shooting or even preparing gourmet food plus excellent amenities. Read More
Red Reflet Ranch Lets Guests Live The Western Lifestyle
October 27, 2017
Red Reflet Ranch in Ten Sleep, Wyo., is a ranch for the senses. With recreational offerings, organic gourmet cuisine and year-round luxury cabins, guests can savour exclusive experiences surrounded by breathtaking scenery — we’re talking rock climbs and cattle drives set against coral-coloured sandstone cliffs and the snow-capped peaks of Bighorn National Forest. Read More
16 Best All Inclusive Resorts in the US. Read More
City Style and Living
Six unique holiday getaways. Read More
Eight Fit Trips for the New Year. Read More
Amateur Pilots Have A New Home On The Range. Read More
Sustainable nature holidays on the rise. Read More
Luxury Travel Magazine
Wyoming's Red Reflet Ranch Offers Yoga Retreat With Renowned Yogi. Read More
10 Unexpected Places for a Family Reunion. Read More
Los Angeles Times
Wyoming : Learn how to rope cattle while staying at an upscale ranch.
Create lifelong memories together in an underrated locale. Read More
Adrenalina e avventura tra amici.
High Country News
Canadians' bad behavior a cat-lover's nightmare and gun-toting steeds Mishaps and mayhem from around the region. Read More
Honeymoon Adventures : The Cowboy & Cowgirl Adventure. Read More
The Boston Globe
Looking west and north. Read More
Guests round 'em up at posh Wyoming ranch resort. Read More
The Sophisticated Life
For the Guys : 6 Adventurous "Bro-Cations" ! Read More
The Life of Luxury
Fantastic Father's Day Travel Adventures for Dad. Read More
Destinations of the World News
5 Epic Escapes Perfect For Father's Day. Read More
"City Slicker" Cowboy Weekend. Read More
Traveling in Heels
8 Travel Adventures for Dad. Read More
The Island Now
8 'Bucket List' Adventures For Mothers Day. Read More
Getaways for Grownups
Red Reflet Ranch offers new "Roping and Ranch Skills" luxury retreat. Read More
National Parks Traveler
Enhancing your national park experience at a dude ranch. Read More
A guide to dude ranches for city slickers. Read More
The 20 Best Wilderness Lodges. Read More
Remote and Refined with Ryan Van Duzen - Cattle Wrangling on a Real Working Cattle Ranch - Land Rover USA Watch